Who This Book Is For
If you are a Python developer, whether you have experience in web applications development or not, and want to rapidly deploy a scalable backend service or a modern web application on Google App Engine, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Persist and manage data in the cloud datastore with the NDB Python API
- Run asynchronous tasks with task queue and Cron
- Set up, use, and manage a MySQL server instance on Cloud SQL
- Employ channels to develop real-time applications with push notifications from the server
- Write a complete Django application using Cloud SQL as the data backend
- Use cloud endpoints to rapidly provide REST APIs for your mobile clients
Google App Engine is a key component of the Google Cloud Platform and one of the most comprehensive cloud services. Together with Python, the first programming language ever supported by the platform, Google App Engine favors rapid development, significantly contributing to the success of your projects.
This book will guide you through the Google Cloud Platform starting from the basics all the way through successfully designing, building, and running modern and scalable web applications in Python with Google App Engine. From authentication to data storage, and from asynchronous jobs to server push techniques, you will learn how to use services such as datastore, cloud storage, Cloud SQL, task queues and channels in a Python application based on web frameworks such as Webapp2 and Django. As the topics in this book are covered in a step-by-step fashion, you will get to grips with the information quickly and easily.