The fourth edition of this popular resource features step-by-step skill instruction and practice-focused exercises covering maternal and fetal care. Developed by a distinguished editorial board, the Perinatal Continuing Education Program (PCEP) is a comprehensive, self-paced education program in 4 volumes.
This book features 12 units containing information and skills essential for the recognition and initial management of high-risk and sick pregnant women and their fetuses. In this updated fourth edition, new units have been added on psychosocial risk factors in pregnancy and obstetric risk factors in prior or current pregnancy.
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Obstetric hemorrhage
- Infectious diseases in pregnancy
- Gestational diabetes
- Prelabor rupture of membranes and intra-amniotic infection
- Preterm labor
- Inducing and augmenting labor
- Abnormal labor progress and difficult deliveries
- Imminent delivery and preparation for maternal/fetal transport
- And more…